Financial aid: Available
Date: 12 - 20 September 2012
Open to: All Interested
Al Balad Theater
Hakaya Festival 2012
Amman, Jordan, 12 – 20 September 2012
The Hakaya Festival is an annual event that takes place in Amman, Jordan. The festival aims to reclaim the centrality of stories in art, education and life by bringing together artists, performers, storytellers, oral historians, educators and researchers from the Mediterranean to learn and exchange with local Jordanian audiences.
The Festival Aims to:
- Encourage the culture of storytelling in Jordan
- Showcase various storytelling experiences from around the world
- Provide a networking platform for storytellers in the region
- Provide training opportunities for young storytellers
- Promote the association between oral history and theatrical / storytelling / filmmaking arts
This Call for Applications is open to:
- Storytelling performances (Traditional or contemporary, in all languages)
- Theatre performances (Monodrama or theatre based on storytelling)
- Multi-media / Installations (Video or audio)Workshop / Training (Training for youth or adults of storytelling techniques or performance)
- Films (Short or feature that uses narration as primary method of communication or is based on people’s stories/lives)
- Research / Publications (e.g. Oral history collections, personal narratives, etc…).
Please send 5 supporting images of your performance or event in high-resolution format along with your application to the email specified. Your application will NOT be considered otherwise.
Additionally, you can provide a link to an online video showcasing your performance, if available.
You can also send a DVD by mail to us at:
Al Balad Theatre
The deadline for receiving applications is: 20 May 2012.
Attachment: Application Form
Al Balad Theatre
P.O.Box 7990, Amman 11118, Jordan
Website: Hakaya Festival