Financial aid: Awards
Date: 18 October 2012
Open to: All Interested from ALF Network Countries
Anna Lindh Foundation
ALF Mediterranean Journalist Award 2012
Berlin, Germany, 18th October 2012
Journalists are today facing the challenge of reporting on the rapid transformation taking place across our region from once mainly homogenous societies to vibrant multi-cultural and multi-religious societies. It is in this context that the Anna Lindh Mediterranean Journalist Award was launched in 2006 by the Anna Lindh Foundation to promote and recognize the positive role played by journalists in reporting on issues of cultural diversity and providing balanced and informed coverage beyond the headline of “clash” of civilizations.
This leading regional Award aims at rewarding exceptional journalistic productions, contributing to a better understanding of the diversity of cultures in the Euro-Mediterranean region as well as promoting the positive role played by journalists in providing balanced and informed coverage on cultural issues in the region.
Submitted works should tackle intercultural issues between and within Euro-Mediterranean societies, ranging from minorities, migration, integration and identity to religion and cultural traditions.
Nine points to have in mind while submitting your media works for the 2012 Edition of the Anna Lindh Journalist Award:
* The competition is open to citizens of the 42 countries* of the Union for the Mediterranean. Young journalists in particular are highly encouraged to apply.
* All submissions must have been published / broadcasted by media outlets from 1st July 2011 to 1st July 2012.
* The name of the author and date of publication or broadcast should be clearly indicated on all items submitted (print, on-line, radio and TV).
* Journalistic works may be submitted in any language, but must be accompanied with a complete translation/script in English or French.
* Each participant may submit up to three entries.
* Team entries will be accepted provided that all major contributors (e. g. researchers, journalists and editors) are listed on the entry form. However, if a team submission is preselected for the final round representative from the team will be invited to attend the ceremony in Monaco.
* Radio/ TV works must be submitted on CD Rom/DVD by mail or be available as podcast download on the Internet. Format of the radio entry: MP3 or Windows Media file. Format of TV entry: Windows Media Player or QuickTime format.
* The Anna Lindh Foundation and its partners reserve the right to use the winning works for presentation and media purposes, and is allowed to reproduce it for promotion of the competition and its results.
* The deadline for submissions is 20th July 2012,12.00 Egyptian time.
To get involved in the Anna Lindh Journalist Award 2012, you can submit a journalistic item related to one of the five categories. The journalistic work should have appeared between 1st July 2011 and 1st of July 2012.
The deadline to submit the applications is the 20th July 2012 (12.00 Egyptian time GMT+2)
Documents can be submitted electronically by filling in the online application form and attaching the documents or you can print out the form and send it by courrier to the following address:
Anna Lindh Foundation Journalist Award
Address: P.O. Box 732, El Mansheya Alexandria 21111 Egypt
Website: ALF Journalist Award