The Mediterranean Forum for Youth - Morocco
The Mediterranean Forum for Youth- Morocco
Who are we?
The Mediterranean Forum for Youth and childhood came as a response to the ambitions of a group of young people, belonging to Morocco and having African roots, Mediterranean civilisation and universal culture. The aim was to shape a framework and find a place within a “society of information” which has changed the social, moral and cultural concepts as well as the network of international relations.
In this context, The Mediterranean Forum for Youth and Childhood set a particular conceptual framework to adopt as the basic strategy for work so as to develop and carry out projects in the fields of youth and childhood. This makes of the Forum an Initiative open on all national and international initiatives, accepting all the differences that respect particularities, co-existing with the cultural disparities, tolerating different points of views, which facts give sense to the universal slogan “All Different… All Equal”.
The choice of youth and childhood as fields of work for the Forum makes of all the views and projects developed by the working groups educative activities that rely on training and formation as tools that aim at achieving the general and specific objectives of The Mediterranean Forum for Youth and Childhood.
Objectives of FOMEJE
1) Giving youngsters an education on human rights and citizenship
2) Supporting children and youngsters having social and educational needs.
3) Enhancing researches and investigations whose main focus of interest is the issue of youth and childhood.
4) Promoting competencies for projects development as well as the management of activities related to cultural exchanges at the national and international levels.
5) Creating programmes to promote self-esteem and effective participation among the youth.
6) Providing spaces for cultural and leisure activities for children and youngsters.
The Mediterranean Forum for Youth
Assilah - Morocco